Vertaal

Thursday 17 May 2012

Design Process

How do you start? I usually start brainstorming around the theme. Better write out the verse first:

Genesis 3:16 " Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."

Hmm....not the easiest. I would like to make the quilts about the verse, but also taking the context into consideration. I always start writing words down, like this:
perfect creation, fall, dark mood, trials, tribulations, paradise, broken world, broken pieces, man - breadwinner, woman - child bearer,
whatever our situation is in this world, we will not have an easy time of it.
There will be trials, but Eve remains woman: John 16:2
1 "The joy of birth overcomes the travail that precedes it.
rule
1Cor.11:3 "..the head of the woman is the man.." vs8/9 "For the man is not of the woman, but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman, but the woman for the man."

So far a few words/concepts. Then I begin sketching and usually more words follow and also colours come to my mind.

This is how my sketchbook looks


and more ideas

 I got to tidy up my fabric stash too

No comments:

Post a Comment