Vertaal

Wednesday 20 June 2012

What have I been doing so far?

Exodus 3:16
Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you, and seen that which is done to you in Egypt:

So far: mostly thinking:).....and sketching. I have about a 20 possible ideas, but none is right just now. I know I am heading there and this time the idea is more taking shape in my mind than on paper. I also have been reading quite a lot of books and magazines (digging up some old Art Quilting mags), mainly to learn different techniques.  Most of them I won't use in this quilt, but some I might give a try. I really enjoyed this book:


Create Your Own Hand-Printed Cloth: Stamp, Screen, & Stencil With Everyday Objects

I also read an article about using old (used) teabags on fabric. By reading that all of a sudden an idea popped up: using teabags as an imagery for the bricks the Israelites had to make. I got all excited and started drying teabags and drew Egyptian inspired pictures on them.




I also remembered I had bought a piece of Papyrus when I was in Egypt. So I might try to incorporate that in the quilt. First tried to draw and paint on it with Ecoline inks, which worked quite well.
 

Then stitched over it and that worked too!

No comments:

Post a Comment