Vertaal

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Unveilling Deuteronomy

Deuteronomy 3:16 And unto the Reubenites and unto the Gadites I gave from Gilead even unto the river Arnon half the valley, and the border even unto the river Jabbok, which is the border of the children of Ammon 

Unveiling Deuteronomy 3:16
Finished Piece
Contemporary look, don't you think?
 The land and Dead Sea are made from batik fabrics. I printed the map on transfer paper. I spent all day on finding a good map, enlarging the right parts. Making sure it wouldn't become to pixelated, and still......I wish I could have covered the whole part in between the river Arnon and Jabbok. And I also wish I could have the areas Gad and Reuben bigger.
I like the verse printing, think that went really well.

I wanted to portray the possession of the land by the fingerprint, but also by creating a settlement. I drew the roads with inktense pencils and used my twin needle to create roads. The little houses are made by using a very small stitch length in zigzag.
close up roads with twin needle
Add caption
The verse is printed by using transfer paper. The river is drawn with inktense pencils and I used aloe vera gel instead of water to spread the ink. The gel works really well without bleeding the inks into the creamy fabric.
Verse printing using transfer paper

No comments:

Post a Comment