Vertaal

Saturday 8 December 2012

A few thoughts on Joshua 3:16



I better start blogging again before I forget how to do it :)

First I will put up the next five verses I am planning of working on:

Joshua 3:16
That the waters which came down from above stood [and] rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that [is] beside Zaretan: and those that came down toward the sea of the plain, [even] the salt sea, failed, [and] were cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho.

Jdg 3:16   But Ehud made him a dagger which had two edges, of a cubit length; and he did gird it under his raiment upon his right thigh.

Rth 3:16   And when she came to her mother in law, she said, Who art thou, my daughter? And she told her all that the man had done to her   .     
 
1Sa 3:16   Then Eli called Samuel, and said, Samuel, my son. And he answered, Here am I
 
2Sa 3:16   And her husband went with her along weeping behind her to Bahurim. Then said Abner unto him, Go, return. And he returned.    
 
 
I really would love to spend a lot of time on these! But there is a busy time ahead of me where other things have priority. Still hoping I will receive a few quiet days....
I have been thinking about the quilt about Joshua and here are some of my thoughts on paper...


 
There has to be water in it of course and a city and some people. Trying to get the composition right



And then the colour scheme...I dried some teabags and would like to include them. It think brown, blue and green go nicely together. But it's a bit dull...
I think this would be better, but I don't have enough green. Might do some fabric hunting to find the right green for the plains of Jericho.



For some reason I can't rotate an image after I have put it on the blog. Just tilt your head a bit to the right ;) This is the sketch I am going to work from.

 I know it's a bad time of the year starting, but I would like some continuation. So maybe I won't actually start working on it soon, but who knows I might find a few hours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment