Vertaal

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Better pictures and a design start on 2 Kings 3:16

Blogging on my phone.... easy to upload photos.  Takes long to type and I wonder how it'll look on the computer screen.
A better picture. 

Detail
 The new verse! 2 Kings 3:16 And he said, thus saith the LORD, make this valley full of ditches.

Jehoram, king of Israel has teamed up with Jehoshaphat from Judah. And the king of Edom has joined them to attack Moab. But the land is very dry and the troops are running out of water. Jehoshaphat suggests asking Elisha the prophet . He tells them to dig in the dry land.  And God gave them enough water to survive and gave them victory over the enemies as well.

I am inspired by an Australian artist: Dianne Firth, she uses torn strips of fabric to create depth. I like to try this. And bought bias tape as that is easy to curve. It's going to be an experiment and I hope it's going to work! It's also going to be quite abstract.

Design for 2 Kings 3:16 And he said, thus saith the LORD, make this valley full of ditches. 
Colour scheme, desert, cream bias tape for the hills, and one of these blues. I think I am going to use my hand dyed aqua for the water.

One of Dianne Firths' pieces. See how she creates depth with lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment