Vertaal

Thursday 14 August 2014

from sketch to before-quilting stage

Here some pictures from what I have been working on last week and this week. Based on "And the sons of Johoiakim: Jeconiah his son, Zedekiah his son.

sketch to work from

Colour scheme I wanted to use, but not so happy with the brown. Have been trying to find a good 'tree' fabric, but in the end I decided.......

tree sketch on fabric
to actually draw the outlines on fabric and paint 'whole cloth :)' I thought of using inktense pencils, but I couldn't get the colours I wanted, so I tried acrylic inks. I have a limited range and used mainly red, blue, yellow, white. and mixed a lot.

tree painting with acrylic inks on fabric
That has been a good decision I think. This is my first whole cloth painting and it's very exciting!

finshed painting ready for quilting
Finished painting, ready for quilting now!


No comments:

Post a Comment